If you are interested in being a student nutrition services worker, please fill out this application and submit to your assistant principal. You may place it in their box. We are accepting applications until Friday, Oct. 22. You must include the following:
Completed Worker Application
Copy of signed Social Security Card
Proof of Tuberculosis Test
Please make sure you discuss this opportunity with your parents. We will announce next steps once the application deadline has passed. Students will be paid $15 an hour.
If you are interested in having your student being vaccinated, the San Ysidro Health Center will have a mobile unit on our campus on October 14th from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. You must reserve a spot and turn in the consent form to the appropriate assistant principal. The form and information sheet can be found on this LINK. See the flyer below as well. In the event that we have more than 30 students, we will make a request for additional vaccines.
October 13th, 2021 is PSAT Day. All 10th and 11th graders (free/no cost) will be testing at EHS. Be aware that there is a modified schedule on this day and school ends at 1:05 PM.
Everyone taking the PSAT received a PSAT/NMSQT Student Guide. Make sure to read the Terms and Conditions and take the included Practice Test. Also, review the Privacy and Test Guidelines before test day and access Khan Academy (satpractice.org) for free, personalized online practice tailored to your strengths and areas of growth where you may need help. You can also find additional practice material on psat.org/practice.
The PSAT/NMSQT is the qualifying test for entry to the National Merit Scholarship Program.
Below you will find additional information about this event…
-All students will report to their regular Period 1 class at 7:45 AM.
-At 8:12 AM…
*all 10th and 11th graders will report to their assigned testing location to take the PSAT.
*9th graders will report to their assigned location for special activities.
*Seniors will report to the stadium for Senior Class Picture
-PSAT Testing Rooms and 9th grade rooms will be sent by Monday, Oct. 11th.
-10th and 11th graders/PSAT:
*What to bring?
-Two No. 2 Pencils
-We recommend that you also bring a snack and drink which can be stored under the desk.
-Mobile Phones, smartwatches, fitness trackers, or other wearable technology (simple non-digital watches are acceptable).
-Any personal computing devices
-Separate timers of any type
-Cameras or any other photographic equipment
-Pens, highlighters, or mechanical or colored pencils
-Books or references of any kind
-Compasses, rulers, protractors, or cutting devices
-Papers of any kind, including scratch paper
-Unacceptable calculators that have computer-style (QWERTY) keyboards, use paper type, make noise, or use a power cord.
-Weapons or firearms
BE AWARE THAT CONSEQUENCES FOR USING PROHIBITED DEVICES INCLUDE DISMISSAL, SCORE CANCELLATION, AND CONFISCATION OF ELECTRONIC DEVICE FOR INVESTIGATION. STUDENTS WHO USE PROHIBITED DEVICES MAY BE BARRED FROM FUTURE COLLEGE BOARD ASSESSMENTS.
-A nutrition break snack and lunch will be provided for free to all students.
Click HERE to see the Schedule by Grade Level.
Good Afternoon EHS parents and students:
Starting October 5th– Please be aware of the traffic pattern change due to added FACULTY/STAFF parking in the front of school. Drive VERY cautiously through the on campus drop off zone when exiting our LOT going southbound.
Thank you and be safe,
How to volunteer at EHS:
- Read the Volunteer Protocol and Application.
- Determine where and how you will volunteer with a staff member (put this in writing).
- Fill out the application completely.
- Have the staff member fill out the “To be marked by district staff” portion of the application.
- Submit the where and how description along with the application to the front office or email them to email@example.com so that Dr. Cooke can approve it.
- Complete the necessary online trainings (Follow the how-to)
- Once the necessary online trainings have been completed, Ms Ravelero will contact you with information regarding where to get the TB test and live scan (both services are paid for by the district and can take a week or two). There is no need to send certificates to Ms Ravelero as she can see them once trainings have been completed.
- Ms. Ravelero will inform you when you have been cleared.
- The volunteer needs to sign in on the district approved “Volunteer Sign-in Sheet” in the main office and/or location of school sponsored event.
- After approval, the volunteer will be required to display a volunteer/visitor identification badge which they will surrender following the event or activity.