The School Site Council (SSC) is composed of staff, parents and students elected by their peers. The SSC oversees the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) and carries out the following duties:
- Obtain recommendations for, and review of, the proposed SPSA from all school advisory committees
- Develop and approve the SPSA and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the SPSA with the principal, teachers, and other school staff members
- Make modifications to the SPSA whenever the need arises
- Annually (and at each semester, trimester, etc) evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students
- Carry out all other duties assigned to the SSC by the district governing board and by state law
SSC meetings are held the third Thursday of the month in the main office’s conference room.
For additional information, please contact Osvaldo Banuelos, CIS Coordinator.